2-day Introduction to Stone Lithography
2-day course at The Lemonade Press
Tuesday 31st May & Tuesday 7th June 2022
10am – 4pm
- Stone lithography fundamentals
- Drawing techniques and materials
This course is aimed at artists and teachers of lithography.
What will each participant gain?
A solid introduction to plate preparation, drawing materials, etching to stabilise the matrix for printing, registration, roller technique and printing.
Participants will be guided through the process in a small group which gives each person their own time with the tutor.
The four day course covers everything in the two day with the addition of using a second stone. This can be used as the artist wishes; either as a second colour layer for their first image or as an entirely new image. If you would like to register your interest to attend a four day course, please email us.
Which materials are provided?
- Grained lithographic stone
- Lithographic drawing materials
- Process chemicals and sundries
- Proofing paper
- Disposable nitrile gloves
What do participants need to bring with them?
- Sketchbook and/or source material
- Notebook and pen
- Please wear comfortable clothes as you will be on your feet printing!
- Respirator if you own one. Although the use of chemicals and solvents is kept to a minimum, they are a part of this technique.
Do you offer other teaching in lithography?
Yes! We offer one to one teaching sessions which are focussed on the individual artist and these are tailored to the needs of the individual. These sessions are really useful if you would like to try out a particular technique for the first time, or refresh skills.
*Course dates maybe subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions.
Catherine completed her MA in Multi-disciplinary Printmaking at UWE in 2013. Since 2014 she has worked with artists as a collaborative lithographic printer at The Curwen Studio, London. Catherine also trained at the Tamarind Institute for Lithography summer school in 2019.
4 in stock