2-day Introduction to Aluminium Plate Lithography Weekend
2-day course at The Lemonade Press.
Saturday 21st May & Sunday 22nd May 2022
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is aimed at artists and teachers of lithography and provides an introduction into:
- Ball-Grained aluminium plate lithography
- Drawing techniques and materials
What will each participant gain?
The course is a practical introduction to lithography, and provides a solid introduction to plate preparation, drawing materials, etching to stabilise the matrix for printing, registration, roller technique and printing.
Participants will be guided through the process in a small group, which gives each person their own time with the tutor.
The four day course covers everything in the two day with the addition of using a second plate. This can be used as the artist wishes; either as a second colour layer for their first image or as an entirely new image.
Please send us an email if you wish to register interest in this course.
Which materials are provided?
- Ball grained plates which are grained in-house at The Lemonade Press
- Lithographic drawing materials
- Process chemicals and sundries
- Proofing paper
- Disposable nitrile gloves
What do participants need to bring with them?
- Sketchbook and/or source material
- Notebook and pen
- Please wear comfortable clothes as you will be on your feet printing!
- Respirator if you own one. Although the use of chemicals and solvents is kept to a minimum, they are a part of this technique.
Do you offer other teaching in lithography?
Yes! We offer one-to-one teaching sessions which are focussed on the individual artist and tailored to the needs of the individual. These sessions are really useful if you would like to try out a particular technique for the first time, or refresh skills.
Advice about papers most suitable for lithography is provided during the course.
*Course dates maybe subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions.
Catherine completed her MA in Multi-disciplinary Printmaking at UWE in 2013. Since 2014 she has worked with artists as a collaborative lithographic printer at The Curwen Studio, London. Catherine also trained at the Tamarind Institute for Lithography summer school in 2019.
4 in stock